1.29.2013

LES MISERABLES




I've never seen an actual musical / broadway theatre show. But I've always enjoyed musical films like Moulin Rouge, Mamma Mia and er, High School Musical? Haha.

But anyway, the "Les Miserables" movie adaptation is one of the movies I've been looking forward to see this year. I read the book last year when I found out that there will be a movie adaptation with a superb cast. So, I watched it first with my friends Toni and Staven one Thursday evening when our Law 2 classes were cancelled. We tried to catch the last full-show. We made it but sadly we weren't able to finish it. And we were actually laughing the whole time. Haha. I watched it the second time with my Mom and sister. Good thing my Mom read the book as well because we were comparing notes and all.

Well, I don't know, I love Russell Crowe's singing. You know, JAVERT (You have to say his name with fear). Haha. And yes, I've enjoyed both Fantine and Eponine's solo acts. But I like the latter the most. The movie was lengthy just like the book. But personally, while I was reading the book, I enjoyed Cosette and Marius' love story. It was all so romantic in the book. Too bad it seems a little too condensed in the movie.

Have you watched it? Thoughts?


XX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...