10.21.2013

HAPPY ONE YEAR CHIC CHEAPSKATE!

Did I just greet myself? Haha.

YEY!!! I can't believe this blog has been up for a year already. :))

Just like any other girls out there, I am inspired by fashion bloggers like Jane Aldridge, Rumi Neely, Nicole WarneJessica Stein and locally, Laureen UyCamille Co and Kryz Uy (to name a few). I would swoon and browse endlessly at their blogs and wish upon a star that someday I could have my own blog.

It was semestral break last year that I finally had the courage to put up this blog. I was so bored. Haha. Really, I'm just trying to sound funny but deep down, it has been years that I've been pre-meditating and planning to create and maintain my personal online space. I was skeptical at first because I don't have the proper resources. But I had the passion and conviction that I just can't shake. Indeed, if there's a will, there's a way. The point is, just get your shiz out there and do it wholeheartedly.

Although I was inspired mainly by personal style blogs, this humble blog of mine is more than just about fashion (fashion-for-less in my case). It is also about life, its goodness and things to be grateful about despite all the craziness and struggles (naks, profound!). It has become my diary of sorts. It serves as an artistic outlet for my childish ideas and somehow, an avenue to unleash the inner-slash-frustrated writer in me.

This blog, albeit it may seem narcissistic in the long run, keeps me in track of my own life and self. It pushes me to be at my best because after all, I had the audacity to show off myself in the world. Also, this blog keeps me up on my feet. It makes me look forward about something. Whenever I have a concept in my mind that I want to materialize here, I always get very excited.  Have you ever felt that energized and hyped-up kind of feeling? That's what I feel. It doubles more when I see my ideas come to life in this blog with the help of my lovely friends. I'd feel a great sense of fulfillment whenever I'd hit the "Publish" button. Best feeling in the world? Doing what you love. :)

NOW, this blog wouldn't be conceived and last a year (so far) without the help of a couple of people. I'd like to give a shout out to my friends for making fun of my blog. HAHAHA. Joke. But really, I want to thank my friends for supporting me no matter how lame my ideas are. 


I'd just like to give a SPECIAL THANK YOU and HEART HADOUKENS 
to my dear friend, Kristine Acharon
Thank you ish for inspring me to do this whole blog thing. 
I've said this countless times that you're one of the chic-est persons I know. It feels so nice to do "blogger" things with you. It's great to have a partner in crime or better yet, a style sister. Thank you too for helping me with the photo contents for this blog. :)

Visit her lovely blog at The World According to Kristine



OF COURSE, my SUPER THANK YOU and POWER HUG 
also goes to my equally dear friend, Nise Romero
You've probably seen her name on every post of mine. I declare that she is this blog's "resident" photographer. She's responsible for most of the visuals and photos of this blog. Thank you Nise for painstakingly keeping up with my annoyance to take photos of me and upload it. Thank you for always being patient. Haha. You're one budding photographer to reckon with.
 Let's shoot some more! :)

FOLLOW HER ON INSTAGRAM! (@niseromero)


Most importantly, THANK YOU!
(Photo found at WeHeartIt)

Whoever you are reading this, thank you for dropping by my humble online nook. 
Thank you for wandering at this side of the cyberspace.
I am happy to share not only my cheap sartorial choices but also the "happy-nings" in my life in the past year and hopefully in the years to come. 

Congratulations! You just wasted your time! HAHAHAHA
Jeez, I hope I didn't bore you.
 Visit again!


XX

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...