1.03.2013

YEAR RECAP: 2012

It is already the third day of 2013 but I am still not over 2012. It was a pretty good and blessed year for me though it started a bit tough because we moved houses a couple of times. But for the most part, 2012 was awesome and awakening...and let me count the ways: 

HIGHLIGHTS OF MY 2012:


1.) NEW HAIR --- Earlier last 2012, I sported a totally new look: from super long hair to a short bob.  The shorter version made me look younger. Though honestly, I miss my long hair at times. You know, I miss twirling and swirling and playing it around my fingers. But oh well, it's only hair. It will grow back :)


2.) CLIFF DIVING! --- (Which I blogged about here) So far, the most daring thing I've done in my whole existence. More to come for sure. :)


3.) MY 19th BIRTHDAY SURPRISE --- My friends surprised me again with a birthday dinner the night prior my 19th birthday. Last year, they surprised me too on my 18th birthday which I blogged about HERE. Can I just say that I am so lucky to have them? :)


4.) GATE-CRASHED A SHOW --- For the first time, I was able to watch the Opening Ceremony of the Tuna Festival with friends. What made this show extra-special was the fact that we actually gate-crashed the show. Only VIPs were allowed to have front-row seats but we managed to come in by pretending we were with some relatives who were already seated. Haha. Jeez, should I be dishing that? I remember I enjoyed the amazing fireworks that night. :)




5.) WENT BEACHIN' --- I can say my wanderlust was satisfactorily satiated last 2012. I was able to go to different places especially white-sand beaches mostly just around Mindanao. There will be more places to discover this year, more reasons to rock a bikini! ;)



6.) CALL ME MAYBE VIDEO WITH FRIENDS --- I am so happy that my freshmen blockmates and I got reunited. Truth be told, there was an awkward phase for us when we started having different schedules and started exploring other circles. Luckily, we had same classes again and for the most part of 2012, we were back in each others arms. Man, that was cheesy. Friends for keep you say? :)


7.) NISE A DRESS-UP PARTY @ 19 --- Blogged about HERE


8.) FUN PHOTOSHOOT --- And blogged about HERE and HERE


9.) BOOKS I'VE READ --- 
  • Personality Plus by Florence Littauer is I can say, the book that changed my life. I had fun learning about the four types of personalities. It made me understand myself and even others. Okay I have to stop myself from spoiling it from you. But this book is really good if you're interested in getting to know yourself more.
  • Love Story by Erich Segal  - Read it actually in high school and read it all over again. Same effect.  ♥
  • Les Miserables by Victor Hugo - Because I want to see the movie. :)
  • The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo - I didn't know the original novel was so damn tragic. It marred my childhood! Haha.
  • The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint ExupĂ©ry - I tried to read this classic piece back in high school but I really couldn't get the gist of it. This year, last summer to be exact, I read it again and finally understood the whole meaning of it. Guess there are just some books that takes some maturity for us to fully grasp the message of it.
  • Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coelho - One word: LIBERATION.


10.) THE LITTLE THINGS --- 
 
TRIED THE LOTTERY - Have you seen the movie Eat, Pray, Love? There's this scene that goes:
 
 “There's a wonderful old Italian joke about a poor man who goes to church every day and prays before the statue of a great saint, begging, "Dear saint-please, please, please...give me the grace to win the lottery." This lament goes on for months. Finally the exasperated statue comes to life, looks down at the begging man and says in weary disgust, "My son-please, please, please...buy a ticket.
 
That scene hit me. That's why I tried my luck with lottery for the first time and prayed, but to no avail. Haha. But then it made me happy that I gave it a shot. :)
 
THE REST: 
 
 I finally know how Sparkling Water tastes.
Painted my nails more often (and remove it immediately after).
Saved for those cute flats.
Doodled more.


 
11.) BIRTH OF CHIC CHEAPSKATE BLOG --- I have tried blogging before but this Chic Cheapskate blog is my real baby. I had to muster every ounce of courage and confidence to start up this one. I had to annoyingly bug my friends to help me with the photos and all. It's not easy but I know this is something I really want to do and I will continue doing so. :)
 
 
 
All in all it was a good year although I personally think it came by so fast. I've learned so many things, did a couple of things for the first time, met new people, scratched a few things on my Bucket List and so much more. I can't wait on how 2013 will roll by. :)
 
 
 
What made your 2012 special?


XX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...