It is already the third day of 2013 but I am still not over 2012. It was a pretty good and blessed year for me though it started a bit tough because we moved houses a couple of times. But for the most part, 2012 was awesome and awakening...and let me count the ways:
HIGHLIGHTS OF MY 2012:
HIGHLIGHTS OF MY 2012:
1.) NEW HAIR --- Earlier last 2012, I sported a totally new look: from super long hair to a short bob. The shorter version made me look younger. Though honestly, I miss my long hair at times. You know, I miss twirling and swirling and playing it around my fingers. But oh well, it's only hair. It will grow back :)
2.) CLIFF DIVING! --- (Which I blogged about here) So far, the most daring thing I've done in my whole existence. More to come for sure. :)
3.) MY 19th BIRTHDAY SURPRISE --- My friends surprised me again with a birthday dinner the night prior my 19th birthday. Last year, they surprised me too on my 18th birthday which I blogged about HERE. Can I just say that I am so lucky to have them? :)
4.) GATE-CRASHED A SHOW --- For the first time, I was able to watch the Opening Ceremony of the Tuna Festival with friends. What made this show extra-special was the fact that we actually gate-crashed the show. Only VIPs were allowed to have front-row seats but we managed to come in by pretending we were with some relatives who were already seated. Haha. Jeez, should I be dishing that? I remember I enjoyed the amazing fireworks that night. :)
5.) WENT BEACHIN' --- I can say my wanderlust was satisfactorily satiated last 2012. I was able to go to different places especially white-sand beaches mostly just around Mindanao. There will be more places to discover this year, more reasons to rock a bikini! ;)
9.) BOOKS I'VE READ ---
- Personality Plus by Florence Littauer is I can say, the book that changed my life. I had fun learning about the four types of personalities. It made me understand myself and even others. Okay I have to stop myself from spoiling it from you. But this book is really good if you're interested in getting to know yourself more.
- Love Story by Erich Segal - Read it actually in high school and read it all over again. Same effect. ♥
- Les Miserables by Victor Hugo - Because I want to see the movie. :)
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo - I didn't know the original novel was so damn tragic. It marred my childhood! Haha.
- The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint Exupéry - I tried to read this classic piece back in high school but I really couldn't get the gist of it. This year, last summer to be exact, I read it again and finally understood the whole meaning of it. Guess there are just some books that takes some maturity for us to fully grasp the message of it.
- Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coelho - One word: LIBERATION.