11.29.2012

MAGAZINES

If there's something I am guilty of collecting, it would be fashion magazines.
 It's actually a growing collection I share with my Mom and sister.

But the catch is, we only buy them when they are on sale. We wait for back-issues at our favorite BOOKSALE store. Haha.

My sister and I first collected Seventeen Magazines (Philippines).
 There are times when I feel like I've already read every single page of the magazines, but when I pick it up at random moments and go over it, I always discover something new. The articles are so helpful and applicable in real life. Indeed, Seventeen is a college must-have. So it was a bit disheartening when they stopped publishing last 2009.

Then comes PREVIEW MAGAZINE.
I really have a penchant for this magazine.I really think it's the best fashion magazine here in the Philippines. Their editorials and articles could be at par with the ones I see in international titles.
Basta maganda talaga! Haha.

So far,  here's my TOP 5 COVERS for Preview:

Clockwise:
MARCH 2011- Georgina Wilson and Borgy Manotoc
JULY 2011 - Iza Calzado
APRIL 2010 - Maja Salvador
JANUARY-FEBRUARY 2010 - Jinkee Pacquiao
JANUARY 2011- Liz Uy


Here's a proof that I am such a fan:
That's my friend Staven holding a January 2012 issue of Preview Magazine. This was taken before they surprised me for my birthday last August. They actually asked me what gift I wanted, I just said "Kahit back-issue lang na Preview Magazine okay na!". Haha.

Just like books, magazines allows me to travel to places and as if meet new people but the latter is just more visual than the former. I learn a lot from magazines especially in the creative and art aspect.The things learned from my magazines are also very helpful whenever I engage myself with a conversation with anyone. It's really a good reference. Haha.

How about you?
What are the things that you fancy?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...